Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Something is overweight! Where is it? Every oz counts!

Aargh! Just found out that they limit your carryon luggage to 15 lbs! My backpack is 27 lbs! How is that possible? I packed it as a lean mean laptop machine. Mission Control we can have liftoff if we lose another 12 lbs. I always wonder how people gain weight. It turns out that my snacks are full of calories and they are very heavy. I had 4 lbs of snacks in my backpack! Yeow.....

Now switching over to backup systems and moving over my stuff to a humble backpack with no wheels. Turns out my heavy duty backpack (w/wheels) is roughly 10 lbs and I had lose 2 lbs of snacks! Wow. Now I have to sacrifice some butterfingers, powerbars to allow our trip to takeoff from SF.

Resuming countdown!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are off to an exciting adventure. Glad to hear that everything is going smoothly.

    Will look forward to hearing "the rest of the story."

    ReplyDelete