Friday, May 22, 2009

Packing for a trip to China

The joys of packing continue to be a challenge. You can find the perfect adoption checklist if you spend 6 months searching the web. The perfect list will require 4 check in bags weighing over 100 lbs each and a personal doctor who understands Chinese (jk). They can recommend packing a car seat, umbrella stroller, and a inflatable bathtub. Older checklist tell you to pack 50 rolls of film ( I'm glad we're in the digital age ), a VHS camcorder, and a fat money belt to hold a ton of crisp money and 12 changes of clothes for the child!

I'm still working on packing the first bag and I'm on my third attempt already. Almost everything is in ziplock bags and exasperated that I don't have enough space. On top of that, we have a weight limit of 44 lbs. This duffel bag is comprise of diapers, over the counter meds, gifts to the orphanage and helpers (They like gifts, not made in China! Aagh). Maybe I can pack bags of rice grown from Sacramento (NOT!). We plan to bring in 2 check in bags and 2 carry ons.
Hey!, where do I pack my camera and camcorder?

I thought of a great / cool idea of giving them new US minted Gold color one dollar coins. I later decided against it because they may think it's real gold and get upset when they become tarnish. Oh well, back to packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment