Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Long flight part 2 - blog 6

We visited business class as oppose to economy class and wow, what a difference. They have seats that allow you to lie down completely!

It's roughly 6:35am into the flight. We left at 1:20am. The thrill of the cool TV has worn out and most of the people here are sound asleep as the airplane cabin is pretty much dark, aside from those now playing video games on the Lcd TV. I wanted to go to the restroom before the rush and stood in front of the bathroom for a few minutes trying to figure out how to open the door to it. It will come in handy to bring a small flashlight (which I did). The bathroom is really cool and compact. I also raided it for kleenex because my nose started running due to weird sleep habits. I'm to trying to change my sleep habits earlier to reduce my jet lag.

The ride is slowly getting more turbulent and it's tolerable. I should've spent the seven dollars for those C shape pillows. It really would've help my sleep. Hmm, it's starting to feel like a continuous mild earthquake here. I wonder why doesn't the pilot change altitude to make the ride smoother. Ahh the pilot heard my wishes and now the plane ride is really smooth again. I hope my battery lasts for all my blogs on our flight to Beijing.

We are one hour from landing in Hong Kong. From there we have a short layaway before taking off to Beijing. I guess, I need to avoid drinking fountains now. There is a older gentleman shaving right next to me two seats over. It's kinda annoying and noisy. I learned that in a flight you should keep you tylenol in your jacket/vest.

I also learned that you should finish your cup of water they give you before going to lala land. I accidently spilled a little water on by poor netbook and it hiccuped for a few hours before drying off. It seems to be fine now. My neck is sore from sleeping odd positions and Arlene was able to see 5 movies.

The pros have their own headphones with built in sound cancelling noise technology. As we prepare for landing about 20% of the people around us are wearing masks. These masks really provide very little protection. I saw one erson wearing a N95 mask soo far.

We're at the HK airport now. All security staff are wearing masks and about 30% of travelers. Well it's time to do some window shopping. Hope these airflight blogs make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment