Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A long flight to HK and a long blog to top it.

We're here at the Hong Kong airport waiting for our transfer flight to Beijing. We had a lot of time to use up so I went crazy typing my observations.

Blog 5

We made it through the SF airport with no problems. It seems that everyone is asleep, unless you're flying to China. Of course, we're ready to crash a few ZZZZs but then we would probably miss our flight at 1:20am. Yawn, what are we suppose to do at an airport where most of the good price stores are closed?

This would be a great place to learn your memory verses. I can hear it now " attention please we are at threat level 1. please maintain possession of your bible at all times, and do not leave it alone and memorize Phillipians 4:13. " I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Well it's been 30 minutes sitting on this nice soft chair. It's kinda interesting here. I'm starting to see a few people wearing the earloop masks. Even the stewardesses from Cathay Pacific are wearing masks ( 2 of 12 ). Hey, the people around me are starting to fall asleep. Wake up people! Currently my throat is kinda try and I'm doing my best not to cough (a bottle of Sprite does wonders). Now that I meantioned it, there are two people walking around coughing like crazy. Maybe we should put on a mask. At the moment, you cannot buy them.

Well we made it in the airplane and we had reserved seats that gave us an extra 6 inches. It seat that is near the bulkhead which gives you a potential basinet option. It's pretty neat. Cathay Pacific served us dinner around 2:30 am. It was a very good meal. We had braised beef, salmon, fresh roll, cheese cake, milano cookies, and soda/juice.

Every seat has a 10 inch lcd panel with a personal remote control to let you watch current hot movies, favorites, HK cinema etc. They also provided a ton of Tv shows and cd music. You are basically provided a personal DVR system. The seats still are overall cramp and it will still be hard to make the time past by. There is sliding bar to raise up between seats. My but is a little sore and the air is a bit dry. Arlene is watchin Slum dogs. I watch a Bruce Lee classic. I think Arlene fell asleep a little. It's a bit weird surrounded by more people wearing mas

We asked the stewardess why they wear the masks and they told us they couldn't to be sick due to a flu. They work pretty hard. Some almost seem like they're running to serve you dinner. Well it's time to sleep for a little while. It's a 13 plus hour flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment