Monday, June 1, 2009

"GOTCHA!"


Mission accomplished, at least for the first day. I think I watch Star Trek too much. Everything occured at Warp speed today. Nobody could reallly sleep this morning and most families were up by 4-5 am. and eating breakfast by 6:30-7:00. The official "gotcha" day also coincided with China's childrens day celebration. At 10am 5 families got their matches and it was very dramatic. I was the photographer and videographer. the second 5 families got their matches roughly 25 minutes later because the van got lost. We proceeded to Walmart to buy gifts for the orphanage and rui supplies. Our match came roughly at 4pm and there was a lot of crying (not from me) and then filling paperwork for the documents needed to be submitted tomorrow.

Zhang Rui cried for the first 2 hours. Then she fell asleep when she wore out on my right ear. She then progress from crying, to standing, eating, playing with stacking cups, talking, tossing, stacking the cups correctly, rolling away, throwing, laughing and sharing the universal language called "NO" by shaking her head. I't about 10:30 and I'm ready to crash. Good thing we purchased instant noodle bowls for dinner. At the moment, Zhang Rui doesn't like cheerios or fish crackers. Guess what I ate for dinner tonight?
Zhang Rui's english name will be Katherine Grace Locke. She reminds me of my boss's daughter Katie, who is a nuclear ball of energy. I need a way to tap that energy. I'm looking forward to his advice. Today Arlene is soo sore from carrying Katherine, that she took an advil. I better eat a big breakfast tomorrow, in case I'm stuck eating fish and o's for dinner.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Great pictures! I'm really, really happy for all of you. I shared excerpt from some of your blogs with the kids Sunday morning- they were completely absorbed in it- Just as good as a thumper story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine is adoreable! Can't wait to meet her. It looks like you two are holding up pretty well too! Thanks for the pictures and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful!! The Wong family is very happy for the Locke family. You were both missed at Jr. Worship on Sunday..the 5th and 6th graders have written special words for Zhang Rui. Poignant and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what joy! A special gift from God! She looks just like her picture and we're so excited for you both! Praise God! Praying for your adjustment! Forget trying to get sleep! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ching family enjoyed reading your blogs. Looks like you are all doing pretty good. We'll be praying for your continued adjustments, both for Katherine and both of you, as you get to know each other better. Derrick hung out with Thumper on Sunday along with the Ng boys and Chris. Take care.
    Dave, Edna & kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hsue's are excited to hear of the success of your mission all the way back here in Hawaii. We can't wait to see you all later this Summer! We will be praying for Zhang Rui's adjustment to the US lifestyle.

    Gunther, Heather, Sophia & Joshua

    ReplyDelete